Saturday, November 28, 2009

Corn and Ham Chowder

I served this tonight with waffles. Serves the savory and sweet craving I was having today. I couldn't find a recipe to meet the needs of the ingredients I had on hand. So, this is what I cam up with and it was delish!

2 cups frozen homegrown sweet corn
2 cups diced ham
2 cups diced hash browns
1 onion diced
1/2 sweet bell pepper
10 baby carrots chopped
1 can cheddar cheese soup
2 cans cream of chicken soup
1 can evaporated milk
1 can chicken broth
2 teaspoons montreal seasoning for vegetables
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
salt and pepper to taste

I put all the ingredients in the crock pot for 4 hours on high because the corn was still frozen as well as the hash browns. It probably would have been ok on low for 4 hours.

2 comments:

  1. Sounds nice. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmmm I love any kind of chowders.. this one sounds soo good!! I will have to make it soon :)

    ReplyDelete