Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Tater Tot Beef Casserole

This is a yummy recipe that has turned into a little of this and a little of that.

1 lb hamburger browned in Worcestershire sauce and 2 cloves garlic finely chopped (I use 2 when I make a 9x13. We like a lot of meat;))
1 onion
1 can beef and vegetable soup
1 can of corn
1 can of mushrooms or about 8 ounces of fresh
1 can of cream of mushroom soup
6-8 ounces of velveeta sliced as thin as you can (if I don't have velveeta I use 2 cups of shredded colby)
1 bag of tater tots
salt and pepper

Layer meat followed by the veggie soup and veggies. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. I have also substituted green beans for corn. One can of soup doesn't completely cover, so you could use two if you want more of it. Spread the cream of mushroom soup over the mushrooms, place sliced velveeta on top of the cream of mushroom soup. As with the beef and veggie soup, you may want two cans of cream of mushroom soup. Pour tater tots on top of cheese. Bake for 30 minutes on 350. This is a great casserole to freeze. Bake for 1 hour on 325 if frozen. For best results, let thaw before baking.

Can you see why I call it a little of this and a little of that. I think you could also subsitute any creamed soup for mushroom. I sometimes dose the veggies with Worcestershire sauce if i happen to not have the veggie soup.

No comments:

Post a Comment